Please review the UPDATED OMHAVaccinationPolicy-ResourceDocumentforLocalMHAsSeptember_2021_UPDATED
that just came out from the OMHA regarding vaccination status of all participants.
We will attempt to answer questions you may have. Please email [email protected]
and we will do our best to find the answers.
For those looking to apply for accommodation with respect to their vaccination status, this new document includes the form required to initiate the process. Please review carefully!
- all persons participating in RMHA including Vaccine-Eligible Players, Game Officials, OMHA Officials, Instructors, Association Officials, Team Officials and Volunteers *must* be able to present a valid certificate of vaccination by Oct 31st or will be ineligible for further programming until such time as a vaccine certificate can be produced.
- At this time, the policy does not include spectators. Facilities govern the status of spectators and may impose their own restrictions. The WFCU Center or the City of Windsor will advise if / when that status changes.
- RMHA will collect / review the vaccination certificates after the season starts. We will work through the process and advise our members. Our goal will be to ensure privacy and confidentiality as it pertains to sharing this information. The Board of Directors in conjunction with our OMHA Regional Director will determine the best way forward.
- Any person(s) who cannot be vaccinated will also have to provide documentation outlining their rationale / reasoning must be provided for further review by the OMHA.
- This policy does NOT apply to our young Rangers under the age of 12 who are ineligible for vaccines at this time.
I think we all assumed this action was coming, and it is now here. I sincerely hope that our members are able to continue to participate in the game we all love. It will not be RMHA's position push any member to be vaccinated if you have chosen not to up to this point however it will mean that you will not be able to participate in any OMHA sanctioned hockey activities after Nov 1st.
We still believe this can be a good and *normal* season and we sincerely believe that our kids need hockey in their lives!
If you have questions please don't hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]