The role of convenor is one of the most important roles in our House League divisions.
It is a rewarding and exciting volunteer position that touches all aspects of the playing experience. RMHA is looking for Convenors for the 2017-18 Season in some divisions.
HOUSE LEAGUE CONVENOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Summary of Duties
Convenors are expected to understand all of the duties below and become very familiar with the RMHA House League Operations Manual.
The primary duty of the Convenor is to manage the activities of the players, teams and coaches within a specific division.
Except for game matters, which are within the purview of the Referee, the Convenor shall in general have control over all games in his/her division. Where the Convenor finds that the RMHA Rules, Regulations, By-Laws or Policies are being breached, he/she shall immediately warn the offending parties, and in extreme circumstances may eject any coaching staff or player where the Convenor feels that there is a risk of injury to any person, or where the party warned has flagrantly disregarded the warning, or where the interest of the RMHA can only be served by an ejection. In very extreme circumstances, where the Convenor feels that an injury is likely to occur if the game is allowed to continue, the Convenor may halt the game. Should the Convenor have to take any disciplinary action beyond a warning, he shall provide to the Vice-President of House League a written report as to the circumstances surrounding the game and his or her actions.
- Attend all division games or ensure appropriate representation as approved by the Vice-President of House League
- Organize, facilitate and participate in the divisional player/team drafts and subsequent balancing of teams.
- Act as a liaison between the RMHA & their respective divisions, including communication with Coaches, parents, etc.
- Ensure any player/coach suspensions are reported, served and accurately recorded on the gamesheet. This includes notifying coaches of suspensions prior to the next game being played.
- Understand the rules of the RMHA & OMHA
- Ensure all games commence and end on time where possible.
- Report any serious breach of the rules, regulations, bylaws or policies to the respective Vice-President of House League.
- Report the circumstances surrounding, and recommend the need for, any disciplinary action as a result of events in his/her division, to the respective Vice-President of House League as soon possible.
- Ensure that Referees and timekeepers are on hand prior to the start of each game and to report to the VP Houseleague hen referees do not show up, or are late.
- Partner with the coaches to arrange timekeepers for games, either through student volunteers or coach-selected parent volunteers
- Ensure that all data on the gamesheets are accurate (before and after each game) and uploaded/posted correctly to the RMHA website page.
- Ensure that games start on time. Games running late are subject to curfew.
If you are interested in being a convenor or have further questions about the role, please contact the VP Houseleague via email only.